Monday, August 17, 2020

My first song

Birth of a song  – Straight from the heart

 

Yes its my first song and it had the find a place on my blog. Wondering how did this happen. Yes I always wanted to learn the guitar , but kept postponing it. Every year it would be a new reason . Then in 2019 summers where I felt I had time and my passion was still alive. I enrolled for a home tutor . After four classes I felt that I was back to school mugging up the textbooks without understanding why I am actually doing what I am doing. I felt the need for a better tutor as basics is very important. Foundation is everything and so my music director friend’s colleague was sweet enough to take to one of the finest guitar teachers in Mumbai. After an hour of conversation, I knew he is the one I want to learn from. It also turned out that he spend his childhood in the  same area I lived – yes coincidences and me go hand in hand. In six months I learnt music theory, strumming, around 10 chords and could play songs as-well. Most important, whatever I did made sense to me.


And then in 2020 came the Coronavirus Pandemic and left everyone stranded at our homes. All of a sudden we had all the time in the world.  So I picked up my guitar and started practicing again. I would play happy birthday songs on the guitar and send birthday wishes to my friends. But soon I wanted to explore something more. I wanted to do something special for my dear friends and so one of my friend’s birthday I send her a video with me singing a short, original birthday song. And from there began my keeda of creating songs - right from singing to writing to composing and of course playing the guitar.  I started with recording on my phone and shared with family and some friends. It was liked and appreciated. And so came the pressure to put it up for public listening. Now being in the entertainment industry I wanted to have a decent quality track. I am blessed with friends who guided me. A friend of mine gave me an hour long crash course on Zoom on recording on garage band software. I had purchased a USB condenser mic . And after several takes I finally had two best tracks of vocals and guitar which I then gave to my mixing engineer to mix . And what a leaning it was! 

So this is how “ Dil ki batatein “ was born and released on 21st June 2020 which happens to be World Music Day.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-LmZlMWbOc



Dil Ki baatein By Sharmista Nag  – Guitar chord chart

 

 

Cadd9                          G

Paapa pee pe paapa,   Paapa pee papa

 

Cadd 9                C          G  

Paapa pee papa, paaaa   aaaa

 

C            G

paaaa     aaaa

 

 

Hey

 

G                         C

Dil ki baatein,    dil mein me na rakhna

 

G                         C

soch samajh ke   use tum kehna

 

G                         C

varna samajhme  ayega kaise

 

Am                        Em

yaar  apne dil ka   haal

 

Am                                 D

mere yaar  apne dil ka  haal

 

G                         C

kehne ke hai    sau tareeke

 

G                                  C

 

kam shabdon mein    pyaar se kehle

 

G                             C

 

kehna zaroor  tum   bejhijakke

 

 

Am       Em

 

yaar     apne dil ka hal

 

Am             D

mere yaar  apne dil ka haal

 

Cadd9                          G

Lalla Lara lara,   Lalla Lara lara

 

Cadd 9       C    G       C        G

Lalla Lara lara, Laaa  aaaa , laaaa  aaaa

 

Am                               Em    Am             Em

agar anjaam se dar   gaye    samjho    tum mar gaye

 

Am                               Em

jo pana tha    vo bhi    kho jayega

 

 

isliye kehdo

 

Am                              Em

yaar   apne dil ka       haal

 

Am                                  Em

mere yaar  apne dil ka   haal

 

No comments: